lørdag 13. mars 2010

Soul mates

Sometimes in a lifetime
you meet someone that will mean something special to you
Your soul recognizes a kindered soul
You know this is someone special.
This happened to me many years ago when I was 16
I met my best friend and soul mate
We had so much fun!

Then some years later
my soul mate found a Danish lad and moved with him to Denmark
I found my English lad and brought him home with me to Norway
we had finished school, got jobs, got married, had kids
Our days were busy
and the physical distance between us seemed impossible to overcome
still our souls were connected
every now and then we sent letters filled with longing
Then there was email
and the communication became more frequent
once more we became a part of eachothers everyday life
Even though we rarely met in person
I remember picturing the two of us in the future
when our kids got older and more independent
and we slightly middle aged
then we might be able to meet
more regularely.
And now we're there
Tomorrow I'll meet my soul mate in Denmark
No husbands, no kids, off work
just two 41 year old 16 year olds!

7 kommentarer:

Sofie Amalie sa...
Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.
monica sa...

uh uh - I vaguely remember that peach canei... :o))))) good times then - happy times now! see ya tomorrow my BFF!!!

gemma sa...

How marvelous......have a wonderful visit and take pictures. There is nothing like connecting with friends forever.

Marina sa...

Good friends are valuable! You're both lucky to have each other! Wish the best time in Denmark!

Marjie sa...

Have fun, and be sure to bring Bundy a Peanut Butter Sandwich!

Christo Gonzales sa...

I hope you didnt get into too much trouble and that you had a great time.

tavolini sa...

I love those pictures :D Have fun in Denmark!