onsdag 19. november 2008

Voices from my childhood

I went to my parents house last night
They still live in the house where I grew up.
I met a good friend
This old Tandberg tape recorder.
My dad found old tapes, with voices from the past
My own 2,5 year old voice, my brother and sisters voices,
my grandparents voices, my young parents voices,
from the sixties, seventies and eighties.
A window to the past, even before I was born.
My hands knew this old friend so well,
I knew perfectly how to work it
loved to touch it, listen to it, even to feel the smell of it.

When I was little my dad had recorded Winnie the Pooh on this recorder. When I was ill I used to sit close to it and listen to it again and again, making things with my play dough. Seeing this player, makes me think of Pooh and smelling the smell of the dough.

And these tapes has still the little girl that was me, telling her stories.

5 kommentarer:

Christo Gonzales sa...

that is so special....

Anette sa...

Le Chien: yes it is very special! That reminds me to take photos and videos of my kids, you can't really go back to remember, the voices, the way they move and so on without it!

buffalodick sa...

Very cool! Spooky how you can recall what others sounded like, but not yourself...

Marina sa...

-It's so tender...I have recorded my daughters when they were little and I hear it sometime. I can't believe my ears...so much change...!
-Your cheese looks strange to me. I've never taste it or see it anywhere!
- My girls make me crazy from time to time with their adolescence! And believe me painting her face (my oldest) is one of her "rebellions"...

Anette sa...

Buffalodick: Exactly!! That was what I was thinking too! It must be because I know my voice "from the inside" you know!

Marina: Your daughters will find some way or another to rebel against what you think is important. I thought there is many things worse than painting her face, and what a easy way to go in a different direction than me, since I hardly do it at all.