tirsdag 2. desember 2008

Christmas baking part one

I'm in a baking mood.
Traditionally a proper Norwegian home should have 7 different
cristmas cookies. And there is more than 7 to choose from!
I'm not so in to counting the ones I have,
I bake the ones we like.
Today it will be chess biscuits.
Shortbread biscuits with cocoa in half of the dough.




Then I make "krumkaker"
I have no idea how to translate that, just see the picture.
I use this iron to bake them.
I make most of them kind of cone shaped

and some other shapes
Later I can serve them with cream and berries inside

11 kommentarer:

Marina sa...

I definatelly want that recipe!!! I mean the biscuits! Can you please e-mail it? I'm really hungry after all these yummies...!

Anette sa...

marina: I'll find it for you and send it! I'm terrible always making my own recipes, but this time I will find you a proper recipe for it. Do you use liters and kg like we do?

Christo Gonzales sa...

Ice cream cones or waffle cones or sugar cones - those are the translations I can think of....did you submit those cookies somewhere? you should! And submit the krumkaker too - and say krumkaker!

Christo Gonzales sa...

I will submit for you if you like?

tavolini sa...

That is really neat! I love both of those cookies, but the chess board--wow! My grandpa was Norwegian, and I always remember christmas with many different types of cookies--I should have counted :)

Anette sa...

Le Chien: I've registered on foodgawker, but my pictures seem to be to big at the moment. You can submit them while I figure it out, just make sure they're linked to my blog.

Tavolini: I bet your grandpa knew all about "the seven sorts" That was a big thing up to not so long ago, (still is for some, but people tend to take it more easy now) and the housewives had to bake them all and clean all the house before Christmas!

Christo Gonzales sa...

I do 'screen snaps' of the page and then trim it in a photo program...

Anette sa...

Le Chien: Of course! Print screen... I should have thought of trying that!

antigoni sa...

I want to taste it!

Anette sa...

antigoni: I've sent the recipe to someone I think you know, so you just might be able to taste them soon!

Marjie sa...

Your krumkaker is similar to pizelle. I love your cookies; they are all so pretty!