onsdag 24. desember 2008

Our Christmas Dinner

Preparing the leg of lambCutting of the lowest part.
(got a saw in my toolbox)

I'll cook the part with onions, garlic, rosemary and celery
to make nice stock for the sauceHerbes for the sauce:
Thyme, rosemary and juniper
crushed in a mortar
I stick a knife in the meat to put pieces of garlic in


Then salt, pepper and more rosmary (a must with lamb)

Using a thermometer I'm in full control
76 C is the way I like it.
The leg is 3,5 kg
It took from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
and 100 C in the oven
to get ready
While making yorkshire puddings and gratinated potatoes
the meat was resting for an hour
wrapped in foil and a thick towel
Then carving it
and tasting a little nibble... mmm! the tenderness!
The yorkshirepuddings are ready,
a bit to dark but still tasty!
Table is set


I am ready for this!

Merry Christmas my Friends!

4 kommentarer:

Christo Gonzales sa...

BEAUTIFUL....I am doing a goat leg and I am using your juniper berries...we will eat it tomorrow, tonight is appetizers and small things...

buffalodick sa...

I love lamb, but the majority outvoted me for pork loin... Christmas Eve was me doing my competition style baby back ribs- which came out really well! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Tamara Jansen sa...

Wow, your dinner looked fabulous......and our dinner table decor matches :)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Peter M sa...

Ahh, I see you too have been enjoying some Yorkshire Puddings!

As a Greek, I naturally enjoy lamb and yours look delish.