onsdag 10. desember 2008

Christmas baking part two - gingerbread and nutty squares

Cocoa and nutty squares
hazelnuts chopped to pieces
Dough and nyts flat in a pan

They hav to be cut in to squares
when it is stil hot
When cooled down, they get very crunchy!
Not to sweet, jyst perfect with a cup of tea!

Then Gingerbread!
Butter, treacle, sugar, flour, bakingpowder, clove, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper
(in Norway we call them "pepperkaker")
Let it rest cool for a day
Use a rolling pin and shapes to make your cookies


Little Chefs knows the way to do it effectively

And the house smells of spices and Christmas
Maybe we'll have to make an other batch
Cause my cookie tins seem to be leaking!

4 kommentarer:

Christo Gonzales sa...

cool stuff, I had to look up treacle I wasnt sure what it was/is but I know now...

Dont you need to put up some foodbuzz banners?

Anette sa...

Le Chien: I had to look it up myself, to translate it. It is used in both bread and cakes too! Taste better and different, more like brown sugar.
I'm working on the banners, I only got in yesterday and I didn't have time.

buffalodick sa...

Hazelnuts aren't as popular in USA- but I love them!

Marjie sa...

Perhaps the little chefs are helping your cookie tins to be empty?

I think treacle is also molasses. I use it in my gingerbread, but have never used pepper. I have never let my dough rest overnight, though.

I love the look of your nutty squares. I could eat plenty of those with tea!